Sunday 11 May 2014

Culture Clash







This look came to my mind when I was cleaning my cupboard. I found this really old pair of ghagra- choli (an Indian traditional attire) I do like making new combinations with old clothes and some of them turn out to be pretty good. I always loved Indian traditional clothes but these were super old and I always loved them so I didn't want to discard them. Fusion is quite a common style in India but people go for a more subdued combination like denim and a kurti or a indo-western skirt and vest. My ghagra was bought from a small local store in Gujarat and not from a swanky boutique so it has the traditional embroidery with beads and sequins and its a proper ghagra which locals wear not urban girls.
So, sporting this kind of a combination was different than the usual indo-western combination. I ditched the choli (the top) and traded it with a black oversized t-shirt from my friend's wardrobe. P.S I'm not exactly the t-shirt type and I teamed it with a pair of black heels and a gold neckpiece.

Ghagra: Vintage
T-shirt: Friend's
Heels: Jabong.com
Neckpiece: Faballey


1 comment: